Version 3.5 of VSamp, a virtual sample player, has been released. The package includes an application for creating and playing banks of samples plus AudioUnits and VST format plug-ins for playing the virtual sample banks from within compatible sequencers.
VSamp's features includes 128 voice polyphony, 24-bit/192kHz support, resonant lowpass filters with realtime control, low frequency oscillators to modulate pitch and filters, a CPU-efficient audio engine, the ability to import SampleCell and SoundFont samples and keymaps, support for MacOS X including CoreMIDI Services, VST and AudioUnits
Version 3.5 is a major release adding the following:
- Support for WAVE files
- Support for 32-bit samples
- Banks now respond to MIDI bank and patch change messages
- Import SoundFont banks
- Instruments can now contain up to 1000 (variable) samples
- Banks can now contain up to 140 (variable) instruments
- Reduced CPU load
- Optional new amplitude model for instruments adds constant dB pan, constant dB-rate envelopes (improves compatibility with SoundFonts) and greater variety of note velocity responses
- Minor interface changes including general speed increase and better onscreen keyboard
VSamp 3.5 is a free upgrade for registered users. Registration costs $39.
For more information, visit their web site at www.vsamp.com