October 6, 2004
Spin Audio has released Virtual Mixing Console version 1.1, a free update offering improved performance, unicode compatibility, Pentium 4 Hyper-threading systems support and syncing to MIDI Start/Stop.
Virtual Mixing Console lets you turn your computer into an automatable multi-channel digital mixer with VST effects processing and a host for playing VST instruments.
What's new in version 1.1:
- VMC now works on Pentium 4 Hyper-threading enabled systems
- Stereo channel strips now can accept mono inputs
- Unicode support
- Improved MIDI I/O handling through DirectMusic interface
- Improved Audio/MIDI synchronization. No more audio drop-outs when processing MIDI by VSTis on graphic intensive operations
- Sync to MIDI Start/Stop/Continue
- Engine Start/Stop
- Use minimal buffer size option is now switched off by default
- Keep input MIDI ports open option added
- Tooltips for toolbar icons added
- Application toolbar labels added
- Last browsed folder are now stored separately for project, preset and strip settings files
- A number of bug fixes
- Platform: Intel Pentium, and compatible CPUs
- Operating Systems: 2000/XP
Virtual Mixing Console is now available for purchase in the SpinAudio OnLine Shop with a price of 149 USD and also through SpinAudio distributors. Rgistered users can upgrade to the new version for free.
For more information, visit their web site at www.spinaudio.com