Altiverb 5 is a convolution reverb plug-in for Mac OS X that uses samples of real spaces to create reverb, ranging from Sydney Opera House to the cabin of a fire truck. Altiverb 5 offers an extensive set of parameters, it supports all plug-in formats on the Mac, parameter automation and surround. Altiverb 5 gives you a choice between iLok SmartKey or Challenge/response copy protection, and it lets you sample your own spaces. Audio Ease also releases free impulse responses every few weeks for Altiverb users.
Supported Mac OS X Plug-in formats : HTDM, VST, MAS, RTAS, AudioUnit and added in Altiverb 5: AudioSuite.
Changes in this version include:
- iLok authorization, or challenge/response
- New Stage Positioning control allows you to place your source sound anywhere on stage.
- Four band EQ, taylored for reverb.
- Internal level meters
- I/O controlls for front, rear, center bleed and lfe channels.
- Separate Gains and Delays for Direct, Early Ref and Tail
- Extensive CPU load control
- Room Size shifts room modes and resonances.
- Reverse reverb mode.
- Internal test samples can be triggered from the Mac's keyboard.
- VR movies, pictures, statistics, mic layouts etc, in the info screen.
- Automatable preset switching.
- Built in presets, user presets.
- Impulse Responses in unlimited levels.
- Three band damping
Altiverb and its downloadable demos are available the company's web site. The Audio Ease on-line store price is US$595.00 for the MAS-VST-RTAS-Audio Unit-AudioSuite bundle. The HTDM-RTAS-MAS-VST-Audio Unit-AudioSuite Bundle costs US$895.00
For more information, visit their web site at www.audioease.com