December 28, 2004
The good chefs at Oz Music Code have just released version 2 of their product, Alphabet Soup.
Alphabet Soup version 2 is a simple, yet powerful sample player, editor, effects processor and mixer aimed at live performers (e.g. DJ's, theatre, radio, backing tracks) and education, without requiring external musical equipment.
With its drag & drop user interface and its low-latency performance, Alphabet Soup allows you to play your computer.
Alphabet Soup version 2 now also adds the following functionality:
- Support for Audio Units plug-Ins
- Support for both QWERTY and MIDI input
- Support for over a dozen files types including MP3
- Continuously saves your mix as you play
- Edit sounds while playing. Cut, copy and paste regions of sounds including riffs from MP3 files onto playable keys
- New SOUPP file format allows you to save audio files, keyboard layouts, volume and pan settings in one portable session file
A demo version is available for download. The full version can be purchased for $59.95.
For more information, visit their web site at www.ozmusiccode.com