The Rosegarden team and Fervent Software announced the 1.0 release of Rosegarden MUSIC, an audio and MIDI sequencer and musical notation editor for Linux.
This release marks the completion of nearly five years of solid development effort, representing a powerful and complete piece of music software with its entire source code published. Rosegarden MUSIC is the only Linux application to offer full composition and recording capabilities to musicians who want to use classical notation.
Fervent Software, the company that has backed the development of Rosegarden MUSIC, is now selling the Studio to Go! product bundled complete with this piece of music software. Additionally, the Studio to Go! package includes selected top quality Linux audio applications carefully packaged in a self configuring Linux Live CD environment. This means that you have access to the best music composition and recording applications at any time on any PC without the need for installation.
Fervent Software's Studio to Go! includes Rosegarden MUSIC 1.0.1 (enhanced) and integrates many other applications such as the Ardour Digital Audio Workstation, Audacity audio editor, the award-winning Hydrogen drum machine, JAMin mastering, Lilypond score typesetting software, soft synths, plugins and bundled VST instruments. All of these applications can be connected together using the JACK Audio Server, and all this comes complete with instructions, tutorials and demo material and 30 days support in an easy to use package that will run without installation on Windows PCs. Studio to Go! is available for UKP 49.99 direct from the Fervent website. For more details and for ordering Studio to Go, visit Fervant Software's web site at www.ferventsoftware.com.
Some of Rosegarden MUSIC's most notable features include:
- MIDI and audio playback and recording
- Piano-roll, score, event list and track overview editors
- Translations for Russian, Spanish, German, French, Welsh, Italian, Swedish, Estonian, Japanese, and Simplified Chinese, as well as UK and US English
- Help documentation available substantially or entirely translated into German, Swedish and Japanese as well as English
- DSSI synth and audio effects plugin support, including Windows VST effects and instrument support via dssi-vst
- LADSPA audio effects plugin support
- JACK transport support for synchronisation with other software
- Score interpretation of performance MIDI data
- Device definition files to ease MIDI portability
- Triggered segments for pattern sequencing & performable ornaments
- Audio and MIDI mixers
- MIDI and Hydrogen file import
- MIDI, Csound, Lilypond and MusicXML file export (including Postscript and PDF output file generation of score)
For more information, visit their web site at www.rosegardenmusic.com