Universal Audio, a leading manufacturer of professional audio recording hardware and software, is pleased to announce UAD-2 Live Rack for live sound engineers.
UAD-2 Live Rack is a 16-channel MADI effects processor, allowing users to apply Realtime UAD Processing with MADI-enabled digital consoles. UAD-2 Live Rack provides a hardware and software system for integrating the entire library of UAD Powered Plug-Ins into a live sound environment — all at near-zero latency.
Users can combine up to four Live Rack units to process up to 64 MADI channels. Each UAD-2 Live Rack hardware unit features four UAD-2 DSP SHARC processors for running UAD plug-ins at sub-2 milliseconds latency.
With the included Live Rack application, front-of-house engineers can take advantage of intuitive features such as drag and drop, copy and paste, keyboard navigation, plug-in zoom, and the ability to store and recall channel strip presets and/or complete setup configuration snapshots.
Live sound engineers can choose between Core and Ultimate plug-in bundles for their UAD-2 Live Rack, both of which include the UAD Antares Auto-Tune Realtime plug-in, enabling low latency pitch correction during live performance.
UAD-2 Live Rack Core includes a generous suite of UAD plug-ins right out of the box, including the Teletronix LA-2A and 1176LN compressors, Pultec EQs, among others.UAD-2 Live Rack Ultimate includes over 90 UAD plug-ins, with exclusive titles from SSL,® Studer,® Neve,® Manley,® Lexicon,® API,® Fender,® Moog,® and many more.
UAD-2 Live Rack is scheduled to ship in June 2018 with an estimated street price of $2,999 USD for the UAD-2 Live Rack Core bundle, and $5,999 for the UAD-2 Live Rack Ultimate bundle.
UAD-2 Live Rack — Key Features:
- 16-channel MADI effects processor with Realtime UAD Processing
- UAD-2 QUAD DSP processor allows access to full library of UAD Powered Plug-Ins at near-zero latency
- Combine up to four UAD-2 Live Rack units to process 64 MADI channels
- Includes purpose-built UAD-2 Live Rack application for fast operation of Realtime UAD Processing and session snapshot management
- Includes studio compressors, EQs, channel strips, pitch correction emulations, and more as part of either the Core or Ultimate plug-in bundles
- Dual-redundant internal power supplies ensure audio processing will continue if one power supply fails
Learn more about UAD-2 Live Rack:
About Universal Audio Inc.
Founded in 1958 by recording pioneer Bill Putnam Sr., and refounded in 1999 by Bill Putnam Jr., Universal Audio is best known for its classic, hand-built analog hardware and advanced UAD Digital Signal Processing technology for recording, mixing, and mastering audio. Headquartered in Scotts Valley, California, UA is focused on merging the best of vintage analog and modern digital technology, following its rich recording heritage and motto, “Analog Ears. Digital Minds.”