TASCAM has announced that the DM-3200, an all-new 48-channel digital console, is now shipping.
Based on the DM-24 in operational ease-of-use, the DM-3200 adds more busses, more effects, more auxes, USB connectivity and many other new features. Its user interface includes 16 rotary encoders with LED indicators to display mixer settings at a glance. Up to 6.1 surround panning is available, and the optional IF-SM/DM Surround Monitoring interface card adds multichannel monitor, bass management and downmix capabilities.
When support for the optional IF-FW/DM 24-channel FireWire interface card becomes available in the coming weeks, the DM-3200 will be a powerful all-in-one computer interface, control surface and mixing console. An optional meter bridge, the MU-1000, is also available.
Features and specifications:
- 48-channel digital mixing at resolutions of up to 96kHz / 24-bit
- 32 channel inputs and 16 return inputs
- 16 busses and 8 aux sends
- 4-band full-parametric EQ and dynamics on each of the 32 channels
- Two stereo effects at 44.1k or 88.2/96k
- 17 touch-sensitive 100mm motorized faders
- SEL/SOLO /MUTE keys and rotary encoder with ring LED display on each channel strip
- 5 mixer layers (CH 1-16, CH 17-32, Return 1-16, Buss 1-16, Aux 1-8) and control layer with bank switching for DAW control
- Surround mixing ability — up to 6.1 surround panning modes
- Automation system, based on the acclaimed DM-24
- Driverless USB connection to computer for data backup/restore
- Includes TASCAM Mixer Companion software for Windows and Mac OS X for project management and timecode & meter displays
- 16 XLR balanced mic/line inputs with phantom power, –20dB pad and a new high-headroom microphone preamp design
- 2 XLR AES/EBU and 2 S/PDIF digital I/O
- 8 channel ADAT I/O & 24-channel TDIF I/O
- 2 expansion slots for DM-24 compatible cards — analog, AES, etc.
- Dedicated DAW control surface capability
- Optional MU-1000 Meter bridge
- Optional IF-SM/DM Surround Monitoring interface card
- Optional IF-FW/DM FireWire card for audio and MIDI I/O to computer (coming soon)
- Wood grain side panels and rear-panel jacks
For more information, visit their web site at www.tascam.com