Steinberger, part of the Gibson family of brands, has announced three exclusive collections of new Steinberger Synapse Models. The complete product line incorporates more than a dozen new innovations from legendary guitar and bass designer Ned Steinberger…
Steinberger, part of the Gibson family of brands, has announced three exclusive collections of new Steinberger Synapse Models. The complete product line incorporates more than a dozen new innovations from legendary guitar and bass designer Ned Steinberger.
The Synapses are offered in three model families. The Synapse Collection features 2 EMG humbuckers and a 25.5″ scale length. The Synapse TransScale Collection features a 27.85″ scale length with integrated rolling capo, along with 2 EMG humbucking pickups, piezo bridge pickup and active EQ. The Synapse Bass Collection features active EQ, a proprietary piezo bridge pickup system and is currently available in a 5 string with 4 and 6 string models to follow.
Ned Steinberger earned his place among the all-time great musical instrument designers with his headless bass design, featuring carbon-graphite materials, introduced in 1979. In 1987 Steinberger Sound joined the Gibson family. Gibson and Epiphone continued to offer Steinberger basses and guitars, although Ned was not affiliated with the company through the 1990s. In 2003, Ned reunited with Steinberger, bringing with him a decade’s worth of innovative ideas for guitars and basses. Those ideas are embodied in the new Synapse line.
In addition to the product launch, Steinberger has created a new website exclusively for the Synapse line as well as the revived Steinberger USA and Spirit lines. This marks the first time the guitar maker has a dedicated Steinberger website in over 5 years.
Plans for distribution of the product in the USA include an exclusive arrangement in the USA with Musician’s Friend. Distribution outside the USA will follow.
Synapse features include:
- Cybrosonic technology combines patented Steinberger Graphite U-channel with a truss rod to create a stable yet adjustable “hybrid” neck with the same definition, clarity and focus, but with the added “warmth” of a 1-piece hard maple neck according to the company.
- Phenolic fingerboard made of a composite material.
- Integrated TranScale Capo. With the patented TranScale Capo in the “resting” position, the Synapse is a 28.5″ scale guitar. Roll the Capo up and you can change scale length “on the fly” creating completely new and unique voicings and tonal qualities.
- Combo headpieces allowing the use of both double-ball and single-ball strings.
- Other features including USA EMG pickups with custom active electronics, a strap hook for perfect instrument balance and position, patented 40:1 direct drive tuners, zero-fret intonation, proprietary under-saddle piezo system, recessed tool holder, adjustable pickup stabilizers, recessed output jack and fold-down leg rest.
And because of the headless design, the Synapse is only 30″ long making it a full-size travel guitar. All Synapse instruments carry a Limited Lifetime warranty.
For more information, visit their web site at www.steinberger.com