At the Superbooth 2019 Skylife introduced a new SampleRobot version.
This update is now available for SampleRobot Pro, Multi-X, Korg+Wave and
SampleRobot Montage. The new version 6.2 offers advanced VST2 plugin
sampling, a new input/output panel, wave and aiff drag&drop
functionality, extended semi-automatic recording and many performance
optimizations. It is free for all users of SampleRobot 6 and can be
comfortably downloaded via the in-application updater.
VST2 Host and plugin sampling (SampleRobot Pro only)
The integrated VST2 plugin host is now extensively optimized regarding
CPU-performance and VST2 plugin compatibility. It is also seamlessly
integrated into the Project Wizard that helps setting up complex
sampling projects very easy in a few steps.
When sampling with multiple interfaces and different audio and Midi
ports it is hard to keep the overview. The new I/O panel is designed to
make input and output assignment easy and comprehensible. Once a project
is created it can be quickly re-assigned to a new input configuration
including all contained multisample layers.
Wave and Aiff file drag&drop
This feature stood high on the SampleRobot users’ most wanted wish list.
Now drag&drop is included in version 6.2. One or more wave/aiff files
can be dragged to the virtual keyboard in SampleRobot who will then give
some import options in return. Root-keys can be detected from the
embedded file data or from the filenames to allow automatic mapping
along the keyboard. Loop information can be extracted from the files as
well. It is possible to combine existing samples to new instruments and
to export them as various multisample formats including up- and
downsampling and various stereo mapping and loop options.
Extended semi-automatic mode
With now up to 1000 seconds of recording time for each sample in
semi-automatic (non-Midi) recording mode you can even sample whole music
tracks and longer sound design atmospheres. Building construction kits
for film music and sound design that can be performed live to picture
was never easier.
SampleRobot 6.2 is fully compatible with Mac OS X Mojave and the latest
Windows 10 build. Compared to previous releases the CPU power
consumption on Mac could partly be reduced up to 50%.
Benefits of SampleRobot (abiding by relevant copyright laws and license
• Build your own sample instruments easily.
• Create digital copies of your favorite instruments and sounds fast.
• Turn virtual instruments and complex sound layers into CPU-lightweight multi-samples.
• Play in other studios or on stage without carrying additional keyboards / sound expanders.
• Perform laptop-based sounds on stage without laptop by using a hardware sample player.
• Shape optimum loops for loop-based arrangements.
• Build and sell/share your own sample libraries.
• Have all your sound hardware on your hard disk and travel with your laptop.
• Buy used gear and resell it after the automatic sampling procedure.
• Use all your software instruments cross-platform and independently from specific operation systems.
• Play monophonic instruments polyphonically.
• Have total recall and editing capabilities for all instruments in every session.
• Fast sampling process.
• Fully automated workflow.
• Sample export in various formats.
• Intuitive project assistant.
• Sophisticated autoloop processing, transient recognition and sample editing.
• Many loop and crossfade types including autogain crossfades.
• Premium multisamples taken from classic synthesizers included.
Mac OS 10.12. and higher, Windows 10 / 8 / 7.
Now as download from the Skylife Store.
Free for all users of version 6.