December 29, 2004
Digital Doctor has released showcontrolpro v2.1 software for MacOSX and Windows XP, which allows control of live audio mixes via MIDI.
Mix parameters and outboard FX are controlled using MIDI program changes to recall snapshots and patches in digital desks (Yamaha 02R, Digico D5) and FX (Yamaha SPX 990, TC D-2) that are capable of receiving MIDI program change data. This frees up the sound engineer to concentrate on the mix, rather than worrying about changing FX patches manually.
The software now integrates seamlessly with the Yamaha Studio Manager software, using only one USB cable. The OSX version allows remote control of the showcontrolpro software from the programmable buttons on the 01v96, 02R96 and PM1D, allowing even more ease of use for the engineer. Other improvements in version 2.1 include improved MIDI diagnostics, and improved performance for low device-count set-ups.
- Apple computer (G4 powerbook preferred)
- MacOSX (10.2 or later)
- MIDI interface and compatible Mac drivers for OSX, or 01v96 and Yamaha MIDI drivers
- Computer running Windows XP (The faster the better!)
- QuickTime (available at www.apple.com/quicktime/download
- MIDI interface and compatible drivers for XP or 01v96 and Yamaha MIDI drivers for XP
Showcontrolpro costs £95 plus applicable taxes.
For more information, visit their web site at www.showcontrolpro.co.uk