Samson, an industry pioneer in professional audio products, announces the RS112A and RS115A 400W 2-Way Active Loudspeakers at NAMM 2019. The RS112A and RS115A offer powerful, versatile and convenient sound reinforcement to a wide range of audio applications. Easy to transport and set up, these powerful speakers each feature an onboard mixer with mic/line input options, Bluetooth audio streaming and a USB Wireless port for connecting Samson XPD Series wireless microphone systems.
With a bi-amped design (separate amplifiers for high and low frequencies), both the RS112A and RS115A offer accurate sound and an impressive 400 watts of power. This power is delivered through 12″ (RS112A) and 15″ (RS115A) extended range woofers with large voice coils (2” and 2.5” respectively) that provide excellent coverage and clarity, while keeping the low-end tight and punchy. Each model’s 1″ tweeter adds smooth, crisp highs to produce a balanced audio image
Seamless Mixing and Connectivity
Both speakers feature an onboard mixer equipped with two selectable Mic/Line XLR-1/4” combo input channels with variable compressor controls. An additional channel offers an 1/8″ line level input, Bluetooth connectivity and a USB Wireless port for use with Samson XPD Series wireless microphone systems (sold separately). The RS speakers also include an XLR Mix output for daisy chaining additional speakers to expand the system.
Durable and Portable
In addition to its high-impact polypropylene cabinet construction, the RS112A and RS115A are fitted with full metal grilles that provide maximum component protection. Each cabinet offers horizontal/angled floor monitor positioning options, as well as a 1 3/8″ pole mount for stand placement. In addition, both RS speakers include convenient top and side carry handles for easy transport.
- 2-way active loudspeakers
- 400 watts Peak/170 watts RMS of power
- RS112A: 12” extended range low frequency driver with 2” voice coil
- RS115A: 15” extended range low frequency driver with 2.5” voice coil
- 1” high frequency driver
- Two selectable Mic/Line XLR-1/4” combo inputs with variable compressor controls
- Bluetooth connectivity to connect wireless music sources
- 1/8″ (3.5mm) Aux input for stereo line level devices (MP3 players, keyboards, etc.)
- XPD Wireless port for use with Samson XPD Series USB Digital Wireless Systems (sold separately)
- Independent volume controls on all channels
- XLR Mix output for daisy chaining additional speakers
- Signal/Limit indicator
- Solid polypropylene enclosure with impact resistant design
- Full perforated metal grille protects all speaker components
- Three large ergonomic carry handles
- Integrated 1 3/8” speaker stand mount
- Floor monitor positioning options
The Samson RS112A ($179.99) and RS115A ($199.99) will be available for sale at major MI retailers starting in April 2019.
Samson Technologies began in 1980 as a pioneer in wireless microphone technology. Today, Samson is an industry leader in professional audio solutions whose products are known for their fidelity and reliability. Samson products are preferred by recording artists, performers, educators and audio professionals throughout the world.
To connect with Samson, visit samsontech.com, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.