June 13, 2004
Rock House has announced the release of a Funk instructional program.
Titled Funk Using It and Fusing It, it will give students tools to play Funk
guitar and fuse it with Rock, Blues, Country and Jazz. They'll learn funk techniques
like “chicken scratchin, syncopated accents, multi-layered rhythms, funk
chords and progressions, lead scales and tricks all complete with backing
This two DVD set is available at MI retailers around the world for $24.99US
and comes with a 32 page booklet and free membership to Rock House's interactive
lesson support site on the web.
The program is taught by Leo Nocentelli, guitarist of The Meters who are responsible
for hits such as Africa, People Say, Fire on The Bayou and Sissy Strut. Over
his career he has recorded with a wide variety of artists like Dr. John, Robert
Palmer, and Peter Gabriel and worked with Grammy winners, Paul McCartney, Patty
Label, Etta James, and Sting. In 2001 Leo along with the other members of The
Meters received Grammy's life time achievement award. Many of today's top hip-hop
artist such as Queen Latifa, Naughty by Nature, Run DMC, Heavy D, LL Cool J,
and NWA to name a few have sampled Leo's signature guitar licks. The DVD also
includes Leo's discography and a personal interview about his more than 40
years in Music.
The interactive website supports and enhances the instruction presented on
the DVD for easy and continued learning.
On the site Students can:
- “Ask the Teacher” questions
- Visit the “Forums” to share ideas with other students
- Download “Backing Tracks” to play along with
- “Take a Quiz” that will be graded to track progress
- Get “Tips and Tools” that will help them along the way
- Access “Sheet Music” from a constantly growing list of songs in an easy-to-read
- Use “MP3s” to post original compositions
- Download FREE “Tuner” and “Metronome” software
- And much more to make learning fun and complete.
For more information, visit their web site at www.rockhousemethod.com