August 11, 2004
The late '90s and new millennium ushered in a new wave of folk
guitarists inspired by the folk legends of the '60s and '70s. This new breed
of folk musician incorporated the styles of such artists as James Taylor,
Jim Croce, Bob Dylan and Joni Mitchell, while creating a new sound of their
own and expanding the horizon of the acoustic guitar. Each of these featured
guitarists on Riff Interactive's latest lesson CD-ROM are distinctly different
in style, which should help you the student expand on your acoustic style.
In this series you'll learn the style and techniques used by each of these
modern guitarists by focusing on playing licks and chord progressions, finger
picking & strumming variations, and adapting other styles of music into
the folk sound.
CD-ROM Software Features:
- Interactive tab/notation that syncs to the actual guitar audio.
- Virtual guitar neck showing the notes being played and the fingering.
- Select, loop, slow media and tab notation down to your desired speed while
maintaining original pitch.
- Videos and looping jam tracks to practice with.
- Transcription of lessons where actual students interact with teacher.
The Riff Interactive CD-ROM catalog which contains previews of each product
is at: www.riffinteractive.com/catalog/catalog.htm All
new CDs retail for $10.95, but are currently on sale for $9.95 for a limited