November 8, 2004
Reverend Musical instruments is now shipping their Goblin 5-15, all tube, single channel, guitar amplifier designed by Dennis Kager and Joe Naylor.
Intended for practice, studio or small gigs, the low wattage (switchable between 5 or 15 watts) and early overdrive characteristics allow for tube saturation at moderate volume levels. Also designed for versatility, the Goblin features the Schizo switch which offers three distinct voicings.
- Schizo Switch:
- US – Transparent midrange with strong bass and treble for classic American clean and light overdrive.
- LO-FI – More midrange and gain with a softer treble response for a bluesy tone .
- UK – Even more gain with a distinctly British upper-mid peak for classic blues-rock and hard-rock crunch.
- Switchable Wattage: 5 or 15 watts. Use with the master volume to adjust the amount of overdrive and volume to suit different size rooms.
- All-Tone 1025 Speaker: 10 inch speaker featuring a seamed cone, high temperature voice coil and light weight, high power ceramic magnet. Exclusive design by Joe Naylor.
- Electro-Harmonix Tubes: two 6V6 and four 12AX7.
- Accutronics Reverb Tank
- All-Tube Circuit: 100% tube signal path and tube-driven reverb circuit.
- DC Filaments: all 12AX7 tubes have hum eliminating DC filaments.
- All-Plywood Cabinet
Construction features chassis mounted/hand-wired jacks, switches and controls. Independent pre-amp, power amp and control circuit boards for reliability and easy service. Ceramic flame-proof power tube sockets and synthetic low-noise pre-amp tube sockets. Tube sockets mounted to circuit boards with mechanicallocking tabs.
Reverend Direct Price: $499
For more information, visit their web site at www.reverenddirect.com