November 17, 2004
Leapfrog Audio has released Rephrase, a powerful phrase editing virtual instrument.
Using Rephrase, your audio tracks become instruments in their own right. Rephrase imports monophonic audio phrases and automatically splits them into notes for playback via MIDI. Export the MIDI into your host for editing and let Rephrase play it back with all your pitch, timing and phrasing changes.
Rephrase is powered by a resynthesis engine, allowing free control over pitch, time, volume, formant, partial tuning etc. Pitch changes in Rephrase use formant preservation, meaning phrases sound authentic up and down the scale.
- Import monophonic .WAV files, separating time and pitch
- Automatic (adjustable) note-detection
- MIDI Export of phrase notes, including pitchbend and drag n drop support
- Time scale modification
- Easy to use, powerful and smooth spline based envelope editing
- Pitch shifting with formant preservation, for no chipmunk effects
- Pitch correction, for improved tuning
- Tempo detection and time stretch synchronization, for rapid integration of new phrases
- Timbre control via formant, brightness, partial detuning and oddEven partial amplitude controls
- Comprehensive vibrato/tremolo synthesis
- Spectrum based compression
- LP/HP/BP resonant filter
- Advanced file caching and navigation, for the faster workflow
The Windows VSTi version of Rephrase can now be purchased online directly from www.leapfrogaudio.com for $199 / Euro159 / £109. A free 14-day demo version and audio demos are also available from the website. A Macintosh version will follow in early 2005.
For more information, visit their web site at www.leapfrogaudio.com