January 6, 2005
r8brain PRO is a sample rate converter for Windows, which frowns upon some common CPU-saving techniques in favor of higher quality conversion.
Version update 1.1 fixes a minor issue related to EBU BWF data storage in WAV files. This version also features a new output bit depth option which forces converter to preserve original bit depth without changing it during conversion. Another new feature is a special option which disables appending the “r8bp” file name suffix to all created files.
r8brain PRO features:
- Reads 8-, 16-, 24-, 32-bit PCM and IEEE files
- Reads both WAV and AIFF files
- Writes 16-, 24-, 32-bit PCM and IEEE WAV files
- Multi-channel file support
- Extensible wave format support
- EBU BWF extensions support
- Linear- and minimum-phase modes
- Batch support
- Automatic normalization
- Supports all standard sample rates
The demo version of r8brain PRO allows you to evaluate all features of the software, but its conversion is limited to the first minute of an audio file. The demo version does not support batch conversions. You may register to obtain either a Full or Light license of r8brain PRO. The Light version offers you a linear-phase conversion mode and up to 48 kHz output sample rates only while supporting all input sample rates. The Full version offers you all features of the software.
For more information, visit their web site at www.voxengo.com