The MJM6 is the latest edition to the Seagull guitar line. While the overall size of the MJ is quite close to that of the standard Seagull S6 the look and sound are quite different.
A comparison with the standard model reveals that the MJ is larger across the upper bout by about 1/2 an inch and slightly wider at the lower bout. The biggest difference is in the waist where the MJ comes in a full inch narrower. Beyond its curvaceous looks, the MJ offers a sound distinguished by a strong midrange response, making it suitable for performing and recording situations that call for a guitar that will cut through the mix. The lively midrange in this guitar will also appeal to Fingerstyle players.
The MJM6 joins the Seagull M-Series and features a Solid Spruce top, Laminated Mahogany back & sides and a Mahogany neck. Response in the Compound-Curve top is optimized using extra light Adirondack Spruce bracing and a genuine, high gloss lacquer, finish.
- Neck : Mahogany (with double-action truss rod)
- Fingerboard : Rosewood (16″ radius)
- Top : Solid Spruce
- Back & Sides : Laminated Mahogany
- Bridge : Rosewood
- Saddle : Tusq (fully compensated)
- Nut : Tusq
- Finish : nitrocellulose lacquer
- Scale : 24.84″
- Machine Heads : Seagull 15:1 ratio machines with mini buttons
- Optional Electronics : L.R.Bagg's Element system.
Price: $599 U.S. list or $788 U.S. list with Bagg's Element system installed
For more information, visit their web site at www.seagullguitars.com