Thursday January 1, 2004
FREE EBOOK DOWNLOAD ►
June 28, 2004
Minnetonka Audio Software has announced shipment of discWelder Chrome
II, the newest version of their flagship DVD-A authoring application, adding
Among discWelder Chrome IIs new features:
- Video Auto-Mirror - This feature allows the user to automatically derive
a Video Zone from the contents of the Audio Zone, generating a universal
disc capable of playback on any DVD player. Audio is automatically encoded
in Dolby Digital (AC-3) to the VIDEO_TS. Auto-Mirror also builds a video
main menu with a static MPEG2 slide per track.
- DSD Import/Conversion - This allows the import of the Sony/Phillips DSD-format
DFF audio files into the discWelder playlist. DSD-to-PCM conversion bit-depth
is set at 24-bit, and the sample rates are set at 48kHz for surround and
up to 96kHz for stereo. SACD producers can now create client reference discs.
- Custom Menu - Users may now customize the DVD-A look and feel by creating
a menu background and overlay in image editing programs such as Photoshop
- Active Menu - Allows the playlist menu to be active during Track playback
- Video Track Link - Allows a track within the Audio Zone to be linked to
playback of a video track in the VIDEO_TS.
- Motion Menu - A loopable MPEG video file may now be used as a menu background.
- Motion Logo - An MPEG video file may now be displayed once upon disc insertion.
- CPPM - Copy-protection information may now be enabled. (Note that the key
file and encryption must be applied at the manufacturing facility)
- PGC Blocks - Allows two audio formats (surround and stereo, or different
languages, for example) to be included in each DVD-A Track. The player will
automatically play the format selected by the user. This allows one album
menu structure to be used for both surround and stereo content, eliminating
the need for surround downmixes.
discWelder Chrome II is now available at $2,995 USD from all authorized Minnetonka
Audio Software Dealers. Upgrades from Chrome version one are available from
dealers or directly from Minnetonka Audio at $500. Contact sales at 1-952-449-6481
for more information, or upgrade online on their web site.
For more information, visit their web site at www.minnetonkaaudio.com