Wonderful Fender®-style clean sound and powerful, roaring crunch and lead channels won’t leave you indifferent! The project is officially approved and supported byAMT Electronics, who supplied us with electric circuits, hardware prototypes and production 3D models. This gave us a possibility to model the SS-11X in extreme detail, making it virtually impossible to distinguish the sound difference between hardware or software. A live comparison video is on its way.
One of the aims of this project was to create a very simple and affordable software with friendly and attractive user interface, as well as lower system requirements.
Even though the main objective was modeling the preamp, we included some other important features. The SS-11X has a noise gate, a collection of overdrive pedals, cabinet IR loader, reverb IR loader and an option to choose the preamp tubes. This lets anyone create a solid guitar sound quickly and effortlessly within one simple window.
SS-11X opens a new chapter in the history of Mercuriall Audio – it is the first product where we use our brand new, cutting edge technology named Neural Hybrid Engine. It is a much more precise, flexible and faster method for modeling electric circuits. As the pioneers of integrating neural networks in amp sims, it took us 5 years of research and development to create the Neural Hybrid Engine and successfully build SS-11X using it. We also applied our tube curve tracer machine to make sure each tube model is unique, just as in real life.
SS-11X release window:
- Autumn 2018
- Full price – $39.99
- Price for existing Mercuriall customers – $29.99
Supported platforms and formats:
- Mac: VST2 Universal, VST3 x64, AU x64, AAX x64 (Pro Tools 11 and newer)
- PC: VST2 x86, VST2 x64, VST3 x64, AAX x64 (Pro Tools 11 and newer)
Minimal system requirements:
- Intel or AMD with SSE2 support, 2 cores and 4 threads, 2.4 GHz
- Full, official modeling of AMT SS-11A and SS-11B tube preamps
- Tubes: 12AX7, 6N2P-EV
Pedals and FX section:
- Noise Gate
- Overdrive based on Ibanez® TS-808
- Overdrive based on Ibanez® TS-808 Lower Drive Mod
- Overdrive based on Ibanez® TS-7 Hot
- Overdrive based on Ibanez® TS-7 Mod
- Overdrive based MESA/BOOGIE® Grid Slammer
- Overdrive based on Boss® Super Overdrive
- Built-in cabinet IRs
- IR loader for guitar cabinets
- Built in reverb IRs
- IR loader for reverb
- Quality (oversampling): no, x2, x4, x8
- Sample rate: 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96
- Stereo/Mono processing