Chimera was originally an experimentation in synthesis and has been in development for over a year. All the sounds coming from Chimera are based on white noise filtered into notes using resonant bandpass filters. The result is organic sounds ranging from warm pads to atmospheres with elements of wind and water.
Chimera comes with built in effects, three modulation envelopes and three modulation LFO's. These can crossmodulate eachother for enveloped vibratos and FM-like modulation. Chimera also has 50 built in presets divided into various subgroups such as Pads/Melodical/Atmospheres/Percussive.
- Unique synthesis method
- More than 50 included presets
- Built in soft clipper distortion and 2-tap stereo delay
- Wide range of modulation options with three envelopes and three LFO's
- Crossmodulation with free routing
- Freely assignable MIDI CC-contols
Chimera is freeware and was made using SynthEdit.
For more information, visit their web site at www.majken.se