December 10, 2004
The new George Lynch model Time Machine Boost (GL TMB) by Legendary Tones and Robert Keeley takes the unique voicing of the original Time Machine Boost but adds a more aggressive character and bottom end to the tone to suit George Lynch's guitar style and tonal requirements.
The pedal has been completely re-engineered from the ground up, as all settings have been revoiced along with added GL features. The GL TMB is designed for those players that want to push their tube amps to new levels of gain and harmonics while maintaining all the dynamics and articulation of the player itself.
The GL TMB features two completely independent footswitchable channels for both Vintage and Modern flavors of boost. Ranging from “60's Bite” and “70's Growl”, to a pure Modern clean boost, as well as “Mr. Scary” mode, the GL TMB provides a wide range of tones and options to explore when boosting for both rhythms and leads.
Each GL TMB is handcrafted one at a time taking over seven hours to be hand wired meticulously point-to-point, using premium components.
The GL TMB is housed in the same die-cast enclosure type with knob and feature styling similar to the original classic TMB. Because of the GL TMB's unique build requirements, the wait time for shipping each unit is 4-6 weeks fromthe time of order.
- Two completely independent channels and circuit designs (Vintage & Modern) with four modes of operation (Vintage: 1966, 1973, Modern: Mr. Scary mode Off – normal/clean and Mr. Scary mode On for gain)
- Hand-selected NOS (New Old Stock) germanium transistor for Vintage Channel
- Dual JFET w/unique voltage-doubling circuit for most transparent clean boost possible from Modern Channel
- Separate level controls per each independent channel
- Intensity control for Vintage channel to control harmonic level
- True bypass with individual LED indicators for on/off, Vintage, and Modern channels
- 9v battery operation or optional 9v DC operation using standard adapter
- A custom black die cast enclosure w/Lynch graphics, dual-color silkscreens, topped with vintage-style “chicken head” knobs for the Vintage channel and a contemporary knob for the Modern channel.
- Completely point-to-point wired with meticulous interior layout using premium components all wired together with solid core Teflon wire and silver solder.
- Limited Lifetime Warranty on labor and design and 2-year warranty on parts. Backed by LegendaryTones and Robert Keeley
For more information, visit their web site at www.timemachineboost.com