SXP has released Heizenbox v2.0, a granulizer plug-in for VST hosts running on Windows or Mac OS X.
With Heizenbox, the incoming audio is recorded into a buffer. It then plays back slices of the buffer, offsetting loop points after each loop. With the interface you can change the loop length, offset, repeats, pitch, direction and applying effects.
- Grain length from 1 to 10000 samples.
- Grain offset from -5000 to 5000 samples.
- Jumping back and forth.
- Directional wave playing.
- Effects: Gate, Shuffle, LFO, Length Modulator, Pitch Modulator, Randomize.
- No-click algorithms.
- Full automation support through MIDI.
- MIDI learn with right-click.
- Realtime buffer view of recorded sound.
- Tempo synchronization and locking with host sequencer.
- Touch recording. Touch a knob and the plugin will start recording.
- Typically less than 5% CPU utilization.
- Presets that show how to create effects such as down sampling, Timestretch, stutter, bounce, into the matrix etc.
Heizenbox costs 35 Euro. Audio examples and a demo version are available from their website.
For more information, visit their web site at www.heizenbox.com