May 29, 2004
MakeMusic has released the new Finale PrintMusic! music notation
software for Windows and Macintosh (OS 9 and OS X). PrintMusic! offers features
for educators, students, composers and publishers.
New Features Include:
- Human Playback–plays back your music as you have written it, with the
phrasing of your composition.
- SmartMusic SoundFont–the same 128 instrument sounds found in the SmartMusic
- Create SmartMusic Accompaniments–create accompaniments with advanced features
for solo works, exercises, warm-ups, and more for classroom use or for students
use at home.
- Improved Music Scanning–the same scanning as in Finale 2004.
- Improved Simple Note Entry.
- Fully OS X Carbonized.
- File compatibility with Finale 2004.
PrintMusic! can create scores of up to 24 staves and print out parts. It's
capable of lead sheets complete with lyrics, chord symbols, and guitar fretboards.
Notes can be entered with a mouse, a MIDI keyboard, by scanning existing music,
or by using the MicNotator feature, with a microphone.
For more information, visit their web site at www.codamusic.com