FabFilter is proud to announce the availability of FabFilter Pro-Q 3, a major update to the acclaimed Pro-Q equalizer plug-in. Pro-Q 3 improves on its predecessor in every area, introducing dynamic EQ, surround support, per-band mid/side processing, and much more, while maintaining the pristine sound quality and exceptional ease of use for which Pro-Q has always been known.
Integrated dynamic EQ
Pro-Q 3 adds the ability to switch any of its 24 bands to Dynamic EQ mode, with a simple, elegant workflow: just raise or lower the Dynamic Range ring around the Gain knob to apply smooth compression or expansion to that band. An intelligent algorithm automatically chooses program-dependent attack, release, and knee settings, while the Threshold can be set automatically, according to the input signal level, or manually. And, of course, dynamic EQ bands continue to operate with perfect analog matching and support Linear Phase mode.
Pro-Q 3 works with all major surround formats, up to Dolby Atmos 7.1.2. The plug-in automatically configures itself to the multichannel format of the hosting surround track, and an intuitive selection panel enables EQ adjustment of multiple channels together.
Pro-Q has long been able to work its equalization magic on the mid or side channels in a stereo signal, as well as left and right, and this functionality becomes even more flexible with Pro-Q 3. Each individual band can now be set to process only the Mid, Side, Left, Right, or Stereo channels, so users can get truly surgical with their stereo frequency-shaping on a band-by-band basis.
New filter types
Pro-Q 3 adds to Pro-Q 2’s multitude of filter types with the all-new Flat Tilt shape, applying a flat tilting correction curve to the entire audible spectrum. And for those occasions when even the super-steep 96dB/ octave roll-off slope isn’t precise enough, the Low and High Cut filter types can now be set to Brickwall mode for the ultimate in top/bottom attenuation.
Pro-Q 3’s spectrum analyzer makes it easier than ever to find and correct problem frequencies in the mix. Activate the new collision detection to view clashes between the source signal and the spectrum of any other Pro-Q 3 instance in the session, and get an instant handle on the most important peaks in Spectrum Grab mode with frequency/note labels.
- Professional mastering-grade EQ plug-in with exceptional sound quality
- Up to 24 bands with a huge range of filter types
- Dynamic EQ option for every band
- 6-96dB/octave slopes for all filter types
- Additional Brickwall slope for the High Cut and Low Cut filters
- Per-band Stereo, Left, Right, Mid, or Side mode
- Zero Latency, Natural Phase, and Linear Phase processing modes
- Extremely efficient processing and low memory usage
- Surround support, including Dolby Atmos 7.0.2 and 7.1.2 formats with flexible surround channel linking
- Adapts automatically to stereo, mono, and surround channel layouts
- Intelligent multiband selection and editing
- Intelligent band solo mode
- Powerful real-time spectrum analyzer
- External spectrum visualization from any other Pro-Q 3 instance in the session, including collision detection
- Spectrum Grab: grab and adjust a peak directly in the spectrum analyzer
- EQ Match for imposing the tonal characteristics of one signal on another
- Piano Display switches the frequency scale to musical note values
- Separate mastering (3/6dB) and mixing (12/30dB) display ranges
- Undo/redo and A/B comparison
- Beautiful, responsive, resizable GPU-accelerated graphical interface with full-screen mode
- MIDI Learn with option to control the currently active band
- Retina support on macOS and High DPI support on Windows
- Supports common Pro Tools hardware control surfaces
FabFilter Pro-Q 3 is now available for EUR 149, USD 179 or GBP 134, supporting both Windows and macOS in VST and VST 3, Audio Units, AAX, and AudioSuite plug-in formats. Bundles with FabFilter Pro-Q 3 and other FabFilter plug-ins are also available at: www.fabfilter.com/shop
Existing FabFilter customers can purchase or upgrade to FabFilter Pro-Q 3 with very attractive discounts by logging into their online user account at: www.fabfilter.com/myaccount
System requirements are either Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, or XP, and a VST 2/3 host or Pro Tools, or Mac OS X 10.8 or higher with Intel processor, and an Audio Units host, VST 2/3 host, or Pro Tools. Both 64-bit and 32-bit hosts are supported.
Evaluation copies are available at: www.fabfilter.com/download.
Beautiful sound. Fantastic workflow. These are the foundations of FabFilter. Continually challenging and rethinking industry standards, FabFilter creates powerful audio plug-ins with superb sound quality and innovative interfaces. FabFilter was founded in 2002 by Frederik Slijkerman and Floris Klinkert, and is based in Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
© 2018 FabFilter Software Instruments