E-MU® Systems has announced its new 0202 USB 2.0 Audio Interface – the ultimate portable USB audio interface for Mac and PC, offering pristine 24-bit/192kHz recording and playback, direct monitoring, and a host of professional features in a compact, USB bus-powered package.
The 0202 USB provides users with two Class-A preamps that can be run independently or in stereo to amplify guitars, keyboards or microphones, with individual ground lift switches for optimal audio performance. E-MU's powerful Production Tools Software Bundle is also included and gives musicians a host of powerful Mac and PC audio and MIDI applications – everything needed to create, record, edit, master and burn CDs.
The 0202 USB sets a new standard in portable USB audio, and will ship June 2006 at an estimated street price of $129.99.
The E-MU 0202 USB 2.0 Audio Interface features:
- Pristine 24-bit/192kHz A/D and D/A converters (A/D and D/A: 112dB measured SNR performance)
- E-MU Class-A ultra-low noise mic/line/hi-Z preamp (-127dB EIN) with 60dB of gain
- E-MU Class-A ultra-low noise line/hi-Z preamp (-127dB EIN) with 60dB of gain
- Independent ground lift switches for optimal audio fidelity/flexibility
- Hardware zero-latency direct monitoring (mono or stereo)
- Plug-and-play operation with hands-on control of all major functions
- USB bus powered
- Cross-platform support (Mac OS X and Windows XP/x64) and compatibility with most popular audio/sequencer applications (ASIO2, WDM, MME, Apple Core Audio and Core MIDI, AC3 and DTS Passthru protocols supported)
- Includes Production Tools software bundle with E-MU's Proteus VX Software Sound Module, as well as software by Cakewalk, Steinberg, Ableton, IK Multimedia, and many more – everything needed to create, record, edit, master and burn your music is in the box
- Ultra-low noise mic/line/hi-Z preamp (-127dBu EIN)
- Line/hi-Z preamp
- 1/8″ computer microphone input (doubles mic/line/hi-Z preamp above)
- Two 1/4″ outputs
- 1/8″ stereo speaker output
- Stereo headphone output
For more information, visit their web site at www.emu.com