Digidesign is pleased to announce that the Hybrid high-definition synthesizer plug-in is now shipping. Developed by the Digidesign® Advanced Instrument Research group, Hybrid is a high-definition software synthesizer for Pro Tools® systems that combines the warmth of classic analog waveforms with digital wavetables to produce everything from traditional synth sounds to modern digital textures never heard before.
Hybrid comes equipped with 256 preset patches that include a full range of analog and digital sounds, but it is made for tweaking. Its deep set of user-adjustable parameters lets the user create unique sounds easily from a straightforward interface. Construct complex patches from two distinct parts, each of which features three high-definition, sample-accurate oscillators with multiple wave modes, four envelope generators, three LFOs, 23 filter modes with true saturation, and two insert effects.
Whether applied in the studio or in a live situation, Hybrid is built to be played. Use the step sequencers for arpeggiation or phrase generation. Set the modulation matrix to easily map modulations from sources to destinations. And set up “morph” groups to modify sounds on the fly, from the interface or a MIDI controller.
Tightly integrated with Pro Tools software, Hybrid is designed for optimal performance and rock-solid reliability. With both a rich set of preset analog and digital sounds and a large array of adjustable parameters, Hybrid gives musicians, arrangers, composers, and sound designers the qualities and character of a unique hardware synthesizer with the convenience and flexibility of an integrated Pro Tools plug-in.
- 256 preset patches with a range of analog and digital sounds
- Comprehensive user-modification capabilities from a straightforward interface
- Sample-accurate synth engine for super-fast envelopes and high-definition sound
- Two simultaneous parts for creating complex patches; three high-definition oscillators per part—two with seven wave modes
- Revolutionary filter design with 23 filter modes, filter FM, and true saturation
- Flexible editing options with four envelope generators and three LFOs per part
- Performance-oriented features, including a modulation matrix, “morph” groups, and a step sequencer/polyphonic phrase generator for each part
- Two effects inserts per part, plus a master effects section
The Hybrid high-definition synthesizer plug-in is available exclusively in RTAS® format.
To purchase Hybrid, visit the online DigiStore or your local Digidesign Authorized Reseller.
For more information, visit their web site at www.digidesign.com.