Digidesign has announced initial shipments of the Digidesign D-Command tactile worksurface, the newest member of the ICON integrated console family. Incorporating much of the same functionality, industrial design, and custom workflow capabilities as the flagship ICON D-Control tactile worksurface, D-Command packs control and ICON-exclusive Pro Tools functionality into a medium-format console at a more affordable price.
In addition to supporting mixes up to 24-bit/192 kHz in up to 5.1 surround, ICON D-Command features direct integration with industry-standard Pro Tools recording and editing software. With non-destructive AFL/PFL solo functionality and brand-new automation capabilities, creating mixes with Pro Tools and ICON is more intuitive, practical, and faster than ever.
Similar to D-Control, ICON D-Command employs an intuitive console layout. The D-Command Main Unit features an easily accessible, central control section with straight-forward monitoring and communications controls. Equipped with eight channel faders, ICON D-Command is expandable to 24 faders by adding a single 16-channel Fader Module. The design of ICON D-Command enables control of multiple session parameters through channel strips and provides LCD displays, LED rings, and bar-graph meters for visual session feedback.
ICON D-Command Features:
- Full integration with Pro Tools|HD systems
- Eight-physical fader/channel strip layout; expandable to 24 physical faders/channel strips
- Touch-sensitive motorized faders
- Two touch-sensitive, multi-purpose rotary encoders per channel strip with LED rings and LCD displays
- 17 illuminated pushbuttons per channel strip to facilitate fast selection of channel modes and attributes
- Two bar-graph meters per channel and eight Master section bar-graph meters
- Comprehensive monitor/communications control section
- Dedicated, center-section control panels for EQ and dynamics plug-in control
- Includes the XMON monitoring system; a remote, rack-mounted analog I/O audio monitor and communications system that is capable of monitoring up to 5.1 surround
- Patent pending, high-speed Ethernet protocol connects console worksurface to Pro Tools|HD Accel DSP mix engine, providing 200 times more bandwidth than MIDI-based controllers
To introduce D-Command to the world, Digidesign will host a worldwide Mixing with ICON D-Command Tour starting May 9, 2005. Attendees can discover why the Digidesign ICON integrated console environment is revolutionizing professional mixing for music, post, and broadcast production. The tour will demonstrate how combining an intuitive, ergonomic worksurface with the powerful, industry-leading Pro Tools|HD DSP mix engine and a wide range of I/O options gives ICON systems unsurpassed, end-to-end control over audio projects.
To register for the Mixing with ICON D-Command Tour or for a complete list of tour dates and locations, go to www.digidesign.com/tour.
For more information, visit their web site at www.digidesign.com