December 9, 2004
Analog Man has announced a new book, titled Analog Man's Guide to Vintage Effects, a complete and in-depth effects reference. Analog Mike Piera has lent his considerable knowledge and expertise to this book.
The Analog Man Guide features:
- A thoroughly researched and minutely detailed history of vintage effects
- Interviews and commentary from vintage effects luminaries such as Mike Matthews, Keith Barr, Roger Mayer, Tom Oberheim, Fumio Mieda, Mike Beigel, Pete Cornish, and others
- A technical explanation of all the various types of effects by former Electro-Harmonix engineer Howard (Mick) Davis
- A comprehensive directory of vintage effects listing more than 150 manufacturers and nearly 1000 products
- A chapter devoted to the world's rarest and most sought after vintage effects
- A wealth of tech tips, trivia, and answers to Frequently Asked Questions
- Commentary from musicians such as Elliott Randall, Jay Graydon, Steve Hackett, Andy Powell, Sid McGinnis, Jim Weider, and Rick Wakeman
Analog Man's Guide To Vintage Effects contains 288 pages plus a 16-page full-color insert, with 219 black and white and 129 color photos, plus a foreward by AdrianBelew.
The limited edition book is slated for release on December 17, and priced at $40. It can be preordered at www.formusiciansonly.com now for $34.95.
For more information, visit their web site at www.analogman.com