January 23, 2005
IK Multimedia has teamed up with Ampeg, the legendary brand of bass amplifiers, to develop a virtual studio solution for bass amp modeling and effects: Ampeg SVX.
Ampeg SVX will be the first product of this cooperation, making 20 bass-amps instantly available to computer musicians. Ampeg SVX allows you to mix and match between amps and cabinets of the most sought-after Ampeg bass amps including SVT Classic, the SVT 5 PRO, the BA500 and the B15R. All of the amps are modeled “component by component” after the original by IK, and ear-tuned by Ampeg engineers.
Ampeg SVX also includes a fully configurable 6-stompbox pedalboard with 10 different effects, all designed specifically for bass. Effects include Chorus, Delay, Flanger, Phaser, Octaver, Wah, Auto Filter, Distortion, Graphic EQ and Compressor.
Two parallel signal paths allow for separate direct bass sounds to be mixed with a different processed and amped sound on the other channel for an instant top quality studio sound.
The software interface resembles the original hardware pieces and provides instant access to any of the controls. Plus, Ampeg SVX ships with a massiveselection of presets, allowing fast access to bass tones.
- 4 Modules: Tuner, Stomp, Amp, Cabinet+Mic selection and placement
- 4 signature Ampeg bass amps modeled (SVT Classic, the SVT 5 PRO, the BA500 and the B15R “PortaFlex”)
- 5 signature Ampeg cabinets modeled (1×15″, 2×10″, 2×12″, 4×10″, 8×10″)
- 20 bass amp combinations!
- 10 analog-modeled stomps on 6 slots with flexible routing (Chorus, Delay, Flanger, Phaser, Octaver, Wah, Auto Filter, Distortion, Graphic EQ and Compressor).
- All effects BMP syncable
- Global and Module presets
Ampeg SVX is expected to be released within the summer of 2005. Prices and distribution are to be announced. Detailed information on Ampeg SVX will appear soon online at www.amplitube.com
For more information, visit their web site at www.ikmultimedia.com